Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mails to Vlada


This was my mail conversation with a Ukrainian girl whom I contacted on LiveMocha just before beginning of my Russian lessons. Dates- Aug.2009 to Oct.2009. Bottom mail is the first one of this thread and topmost is the most recent.


Hi Vlada,

Nice to hear from you.
I am doing fine and my Russian classes are becoming more interesting and bit hard. We just started with cases, and Genders. Fortunately cases, Genders and verb conjugations in Russian are very similar to that of Marathi. Our teacher mentioned that native English speakers find it very confusing.
We watched movie - "Alexander Nevsky" at our welcome party. I found it very amazing that in 1938 they made such a technically splendid movie.
Our teacher described the circumstances of the war and especially "battle on ice" very enthusiastically. All students sung a Russian song for audience.
Well that is it.. will send you more details..
Take care,
Bye..
Ashish


Hi Влада,

How are you doing?

Do you remember that I had mentioned about my Russian Classes in our University?
Well, it has started last week. The first lecture was interesting as we started with introduction of the professor and fellow students. I can say that I am lucky to have Prof. Mrs. Anagha, as she is very passionate about teaching Russian. She has completed her doctorate in Russian, and she was in Moscow university for her post graduation. She explained briefly about the history of Russia, and took a short quiz on Russian culture, history, scientific progress and geography.
We have completed about six hours of course, 2 hours per day, 3 days a week.
So far it is joyous ride. I am finding it little difficult to cope up with the Cyrillic scrip. I think with practice I will be able to get through it. I am also referring wikipedia and other sites for alphabets practice and phonetics.
Our classes are now halted for next 2 weeks because of "Swine Flu" panic in our city. Hopefully after the flu is gone we will start with full force again.

I can now see the "VLADA" in your name :). It's strange that when I was unaware of the Russian alphabets, I had very different pronunciation in my mind.

Well, that is it.. tell about your studies whenever you get time.

Regards,

Ashish.



Hi Влада,

you can mail me on - @gmail.com.
Hey, one more thing.. how do you write your name in English?

Regards,

Ashish.


hello,again!
I like your level of knowledge about our history.as for me i studied at the pedagogical University so my knowledge of the language is not high.To achieve better results I practise at home .If you want I will help you to learn Russian,our culture and history if you want.and you will do the same for me.give me your email address if you want.my address is @mail.ru.I am happy that I got acquainted with you I feel you are a good boy:)


Hi Влада,

Thanks for replying.. :)
Well, I was born and brought up in Pune, a town famous in India for educational facilities. I am working as a software developer here. Our University offers courses in 5 foreign languages, French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Russian.
I have already completed a beginner level in German 3 years ago. I was looking for next level in German, however I saw Russian there in the list of courses for the first time, and I decided to go for beginner level Russian, instead of diploma in German. I really didn't understand why I chose Russian, but I thought over it, and came up with following reasons.

1. I see a lot of Discovery channel, and I am crazy about Siberia. I know it's a white desert, still I want be there and experience it as it is. I want to visit world's coldest town, also the place where the giant asteroid hit earth back in the beginning of 20th century. I also want to visit all your cities.

2. I would love to be in Europe for some time, and Russian being one of Europe's prominent languages, I think it must be kool to be able to speak Russian.

3. USSR has always been a good friend of India since Indian independence, and still we see Russia as our supporter.

4. There is no doubt that you people are culturally rich and there is lot to learn.

5. In my two years of work experience I've come across some Russian clients. Thought they are good at speaking English, I have seen them using Russian OS while desktop sharing. I think learning Russian will help in my professional growth too.

6. Finally, it will be great to chat with gorgeous Russian girls in Russian to impress them .. :)

Waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Ashish.



-hello,Ashish!
I like you appreciate this poem tell me about your University and the aim of learning Russian.it is interesting.
Vlaada:)


Hi Влада,
That was really a fantastic poem, I used google translate to decipher it..
[http://translate.google.com/translate_t#]
This translator may not be able to translate the soul of this poem, but I got it.
I will strive to learn this beautiful language.
Thanks for sending this..

- Regards,

Ashish.


hello!
I see that you want to learn Russian so I will send your a poem about me and you will be able to find out more about me and improve your skills
Я - девушка, и значит Я - актриса, Во мне сто лиц и тысячи ролей. Я -девушка, и значит Я - царица, Возлюбленная всех земных царей. Я - девушка, и значит Я – рабыня, Познавшая соленый вкус обид. Я - девушка, и значит Я - пустыня, Которая тебя испепелит. Я - девушка, сильна я поневоле, Но знаешь, даже если жизнь – борьба… Я - девушка, и Я слаба до боли. Я - девушка, и, значит Я - судьба. Я - девушка. Я просто вспышка страсти. Мой идеал - терпение и труд. Я - девушка, Я - то большое счастье, Которое совсем не берегут. Я - девушка… И этим Я опасна. Огонь и лёд навек во мне одной. Я - девушка, и, значит, Я прекрасна С младенчества до старости седой. Я - девушка, и в мире все дороги ведут ко мне, А не в какой-то Рим. Я - девушка, Я избранная Богом, Хотя уже наказанная им…


Hi Влада,

I really don't have any idea how to pronounce your name, however soon I am starting to learn Russian in our University. I am pretty sure that I can pronounce it well and will be able to converse in Russian.
I consider your friendship as a good omen in the beginning of this new venture, and hope that you would help me to learn Russian. I am also eager to help you in case you need any help in learning English.

Thank you very much for adding me as friend!!!

Regards,

Ashish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

अभिप्रायासाठी अनेक आभार!